Thursday, April 21, 2005

Yabba Dabba Do !!

I was hauled in the office yesterday. The news turned out not to be so bad although I was a little nervous for just a second. I was tasked with putting in a 30 second delay between two FTP jobs so that the first file has a nice long chance of getting settled on the UNIX box before the second file gets there. The second file showing up is what triggers the processing of the first file. I was told to get it on the test box ASAP and get it tested. After a little bit of research I found the code "System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(30000);". I compiled my application and sent the .dll's to the test box and alerted the tester. It worked like a champ. This sounds like nothing but the program I had to change is very complicated to test. I ended up having a tester test it on the Dev box.

All's well that ends well.

Think for yourself, Think inside the box.

Joe

No comments: