Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Work from home - EXTENDED...

It's 8PM Tuesday night. I just logged in to work to finish up an acceptance criteria' document for the tester that will be testing my latest code change. I want to finish it up tonight so I can get it to her first thing tomorrow as I want to take the day off, or at least work till around 9AM when I hand over the team on-call duties to the next person.

Looking in my inbox there was an email from our CEO. They are extending our mandatory work from home (WFH) policy through May 31. May 31 is a Sunday with the next day being Monday June 1, 2020. If in fact we do go back into the office that Monday we will all have WFH for 11 weeks.



It does take some getting used to. I usually start work pretty early (like 5 or 5:30 AM to 6AM) and knock off around 3PM. My wife is a public school teacher and at the start of all this she was up pretty early as well, not as early as me though. As the weeks went on she discovered none of her students signed on till... "later on" (Kung Fu Panda quote). So, she started sleeping in a bit later and starting around 9 - 10 AM. This gave me several hours of quiet time which is nice.

So now we are into a pretty smooth groove. We both are stopping around Noon to have lunch together. It's really nice to eat with someone and be eating cooked food. I will say though... I am missing a 'very ocaisional' double cheeseburger from BK, parked next to a very well-shaded park listening to a podcast and doing a word-find puzzle #CreatureComfort. Life is long and we'll all be back into our old routines soon right?!

Thanks for stopping by,
JoeCubicle

My Photography
My videos on YouTube
My videos on Vimeo

No comments: