Thursday, April 16, 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown

Today was day 24 of working from home because of the Coronavirus lockdown. My wife and I got back from a trip to the hot spot of all hot spots in the US on Friday March 13 around 8 PM. We flew out to NYC to hang out with our daughter on March 7. We stayed in the city for three days in an AirBnB in a four floor walk up right on the Harlem border on Lexington Ave. Our daughter lives about 5 blocks away. We walked and trained around for three days, hitting many interesting sites, then took an Amtrak to CT where we stayed with my Aunt/Uncle for two days then drove my Dad's car we bought. All went well, very well in fact. The whole USA Coronavirus lockdown was literally just starting while we were leaving NYC. On the drive back to Nebraska we were getting all the news about the shutdowns and impending restrictions. It was a little stressful at times but all we could do was stay clean and wash our hands. We stayed one night just south of Cleveland Ohio, left at 7 AM and drove all day back. Sunday night I texted my boss that since we've been in NY I better work from home (WFH) for the following week. Little did I know that WFH rules are already in place...

Our daughter got out of NYC right after we left and stayed with her friend's family in the country at their house for three weeks then came home. She's been here at home with us since then. It's nice to have our whole family home during the lockdown.

Five weeks later, things are going well for all intents and purposes. The USA death from the Coronavirus toll just topped 22K. My wife and I are doing our part staying at home. Just yesterday we received out stimulus checks in our bank account. It looks like we will be working from home through at least the end of April. People are saying it will go through May and maybe mid June.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. In other news, we got 4 inches of heavy wet snow today. It is really pretty outside right now.



Thanks for stopping by,
JoeCubicle

My Photography
My videos on YouTube
My videos on Vimeo

No comments: