Saturday, April 18, 2020

Cast iron pan surfacing

Call is quarantine boredom if you want. I've actually been wanting to smooth-out this pan for a long time. I have a set of wrenches for my right angle grinders but I'm missing ONE OF THEM! Guess which one... THE ONE I NEED! Anyway, I just got an adjustable wrench for my grinder to take off the worn out grinding wheel to put on this 80 grit flap-disc. So on with the project. I smoothed out a cast iron pan a few years ago with a paint stripping wheel that chucks up on a corded drill. It turned out great! I got this 10" pan about a year ago and have used it now and then for this and that but you don't really get the non-stick benefit till it is smooth on the inside. Well, now it is! If you don't have cast iron pans I suggest you get one or two. They're cheap and last forever. Smoothing one out does take some work, this took me about 45 minutes today but now it's done, now it's time to cook and eat my piggies!











Thanks for stopping by,
JoeCubicle

My Photography
My videos on YouTube
My videos on Vimeo

No comments: