Sunday, October 02, 2011

17 to 48 Husker loss to Wisconsin Badgers - yet I don't care.

Last night was a Husker-Stinger to say the least. I stopped caring about and watching Husker games years ago without even trying. I remember getting gas and overhearing two guys talk about getting back home to 'watch the game' (a Nebraska Cornhusker football game) on TV. The game was starting within an hour. It was a Saturday and late afternoon and I thought to myself that I might go home and watch it too, maybe invite the rest of my family to do the same and maybe order a pizza and make a night of it. That was the last thought I had about the game for the rest of the evening. I totally forgot to remember to tune into the broadcast once I got home and have watched one Husker game since that Saturday some 5 years ago.
I have not lost my love for the state of Nebraska. One day I realized this team of 18 to 22 year old young men had no hold over me. There are very few 18 to 22 year olds I care to be in the company of let alone worship if I may use such a strong word.
To use other slang; I'm not hatin', I'm just sayin'.












Photo from the Chicago Tribune website.

Thanks for stopping by,
JoeCubicle

My Photography
My videos on YouTube
My videos on Vimeo

No comments: