Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Are those sirens I hear?

I am on call this week and had the opportunity to field a problem ticket that involved a printer in Florida not printing Job Control Documents (Much need docs for the dept down there).
Our process builds and spools the documents. Two hours of research on our side showed everything was OkyDoky. The ticket went from a priority 2 to a full-fledged PRIORITY ONE!! A company-wide (for the top players that is) notification goes out.
When I got the person on the phone that was my point of contact in Florida I asked if everything was plugged in and on ("Are the lights on where you are"? sort of thing). I was assured everything was in proper order. I had to ask since we are dealing with machines that run on electricity.
Long story short... the network cable from the printer to the wall plug was a bit loose and needed plugged in and replaced really. A huge todo over an unlugged printer, I love it.

Be strong, think for yourself, think inside the box.

Joe

No comments: