Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Brand New Car !!! (new to me, not 'new new')

I don't think it's just me that feels a little weird when getting a new (different) vehicle. You get so used to all the little things about the vehicle you've been driving from the keys all the way through to the ride, handling and smells.

I recently purchased a new (different) car, that's right, car. For those that know me, I've been driving a truck for the last 10 years and have become quite used to having the towing/hauling capacity of a pickup truck. One thing I will not miss is the gas usage that comes with a pickup truck. I estimate that my first pickup got around 17mpg (it was a manual transmission) and the one I have now gets around 12mpg. This is just not cool.

In 2008, gasoline prices went up to $4.00+ per gallon. I picked up a motorcycle (40mpg) to offset the gasoline usage of my truck. We have a nice long riding season here in Nebraska and it has gone well over the years.

I can't work the side business I've had for the last 10 years due to the slow injury I've sustained from using my arms/hands so much. So using my pickup for daily driving (when not riding my motorcycle) doesn't make much sense so I decided to get the car. So far I really like it and have put just about 100 miles on it at the time of this post and the gas gauge is still about 3/4 full.

Take look at the below video and pictures, it sums up the new car.



My new* car.


My current truck, right when I got it and it was still shiny.



The Yamaha MC I bought in 2008


Thanks for stopping by,
JoeCubicle

My Photography
My videos on YouTube
My videos on Vimeo

No comments: