Friday, September 23, 2011

DIY Steadi Steady Cam - a little warning...

I made this video to show the steady-cam I made as well as show a little footage shot with it. If you are looking at purchasing or making a steady-cam device I have one piece of advice (more like a 'warning'). They almost work too well. I mean they can be SO SMOOTH that they allow the camera to move so easily and slightly. Don't despair, with a little (a LOT) of practice you can get great shots. They pretty much REQUIRE two hands to operate effectively and get good shots. The one I made went through a few different design changes until I was satisfied. It turned out to be very smooth and fulfilled exactly my warning above. If you are serious about getting smooth walking shots, you can pull it off with a little practice.



Thanks for stopping by,
JoeCubicle

My Photography
My videos on YouTube
My videos on Vimeo

No comments: